POMORSKA 500 2021 (POM500) is a bike ultramarathon aimed at the advanced and experienced cyclists. Course of the race follows the most beautiful sites of Wester Pomerania and Pomerania Voievodship. The race starts on June 3rd 2021 from Czarnocin. Finish line is located in Gdansk.
- You need to cover the course with your bike, powered by the strength of you muscles (it is forbidden to use bicycles with any kind of mechanical support).
- It is not permitted in any way whatsoever to use outside support from third parties. It means that, if you want to ride in clean pants, you have to carry them with you, wash them or buy them on the way. This rule applies to every aspect of covering the course of POM500 including: food, drinks, sleep and bike repairs. Everybody has to have fair chances.
- Participants are allowed to help each other and we are encouraging to do so.
- You have to cover the course following the track provided by the organizer, following other rules of POM500 and the law (private property, environmental laws, traffic regulations).
- You can leave the course only if you get back on it in the exact same place.
- Time is measured constantly from start to finish.
- Places will be determined by time taken to cover the whole race course in accordance to POM500 rules.
- Time limit to beat the track and be classified is 80 hours. Somebody has to win, but no one will lose.
- Gpx file recorded by contestant will be used as a confirmation of completing the course.
- We do not recommend cycling during nighttime and, in any case, where there is low visibility or poor safety conditions. If you decide to do this, you need to be equipped in front and back lights. Cycling consecutively for many days, with little or no rest, can cause hallucinations and drastically lower the threshold of attention on the road and the perception of danger (if you see a running snowmobile or a unicorn, take a picture and go to sleep).
* Participants are required to guarantee they can finish the race without any damage to their health. It is forbidden to participate in POM500 without being properly prepared and equipped, and without having tested own abilities earlier. You take part at your own risk and you have to make a decision yourself, whether to pick up the gauntlet.